We have not yet confirmed whether the Summit will be in-person or virtual. The Planning Committee is attempting to balance the various considerations such as health of the attendees, Summit value to attendees/sponsors/exhibitors, social and professional networking, to name just a few key components of the current thoughts. We hope to be in-person at the Bismarck Event Center as originally planned, but we have been planning for the possibility of a virtual Summit.
We have decided against providing a combination of in-person and virtual due to the extra cost and logistics.
From the survey that was closed in early March we learned from the slightly over 100 respondents:
- 70% indicated their interest in attending in-person
- 61% indicated they would not prefer to attend in-person if the Summit had limited seating with a first-come, first-served registration
- 76% indicated they would attend the Summit if it is virtual
- 56% indicated that if the Summit was in-person, they would prefer to find their own lunch
- We plan to send out another survey to get a fresh view of potential attendees (which includes sponsors)
- We plan to have a decision by the end of June
- Please consider how you would like to be involved once a plan is in place:
- Provide a presentation and/or workshop
- Be a sponsor (and possibly an exhibitor)
- Attend as a participant
Please pass along this information within your organization. As more details for the North Dakota Geospatial Summit are set they will be announced via this website, the ND GIS email list, and ND GIS Twitter.
Geospatial Summit Planning Committee:
Kay Anderson, Co-chair (Cass County, ND)
Bob Nutsch, Co-chair (ND Information Technology)
Jacob Monson, Outgoing Co-chair (Western Area Water Supply Authority)
Carol Wickenheiser (AE2S)
Rory Porth (Mountrail County, ND)
Danielle Moe (Frontier Precision)
Jonathan Braski (City of Fargo)
Patricia Young (UND Conference Services)