The Data Oversight Committee is derived from the SGC and consists of the following agencies
- Game and Fish Department
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Water Resources
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Information Technology Department
- Ensure consistent quality of data destined for the GIS Hub
- Ensure that best possible existing data is loaded onto the Hub
- Resolve conflicts between data sets that represent the same information but have differences between them
- Has the final authority for determining which data can be loaded onto the Hub
- In the case of dissent, three-fourths majority is required for approval or disapproval
- Ensures metadata is associated with all Hub data
- All entities wishing to post data onto the GIS Hub must submit their data for review to the Data Oversight Committee. These entities include both government and non-government organizations.
- A Data Oversight Committee meeting will be held if there is a major new data set(s), major changes to an existing data set(s), renaming of data, or reorganization of data. Standard data updates from the data stewards, including limited schema changes, will be managed via an email exchange that will notify Committee members of the data update.
- Upon approval, the data will be loaded onto the GIS Hub by a member of the Committee
- Once the data is loaded, the Committee will notify the person requesting the data upload, asking that person to make the final check that the data has been properly loaded
- If the requested data is not approved, the Committee will contact the person requesting the data upload, to discuss what needs to be done in order to allow the data to be uploaded
- Data submitted for loading onto the Hub must meet minimum requirements as set by the SGC working with the Data Oversight Committee.
- Data must contain metadata, which will include information initially needed by the Committee such as contact information, source scale, and access constraints.